5.04.2010

Two Weeks


The stats:
Height: 20.5 inches (50 %ile)
Weight: 6 lbs. 15 oz. (25 %ile)
Head: 34 cm (25 %ile)

Either the hospital was wrong, or we have the fastest growing infant. I think the hospital was wrong. But I was a little surprised that Teya hadn't put on more weight. But her doctor said that if she's gained her birth weight back, that's normal. Well, she'd only lost 3 oz. in the hospital, so she's put on 5 oz. since coming home. Maybe she'll always be my little shrimp. I guess it's not fair to compare Teya to her siblings, who both gained at least 1 lb. by their two week appt.  and were chubby with rolls.

Clearly, no rolls here. A friend did this comparison with her little boy, who is two weeks older than Teya and I thought it was cute (P.S. Mimi, I'm all for an early betrothal). Portia was happy to share her baby.
Palmer varies between ignoring Teya and wanting to hold her. His pajamas say, "Big brother". Too bad you can't see it. So far, the kids have been great with Teya, other than a few incidents of Portia trying to pick Teya up by her middle. Mostly, she just gives Teya lots of kisses and hugs.

3 comments:

Chantalle said...

So cute! I'm sure Portia is in heaven having a real baby to baby! What a cute little one. I just read the birth story, love that it was so fast! Mine was similar with Elizabeth...except 2.5 hours of pushing (way to get stuck Elizabeth) but after everything you said about Portia's birth I wanted a similar one. I was happy to have it, so fun you got to do it again! :)

Gina said...

She is so tiny! I would have liked to have seen Mollie and her side by side at birth. HAHA!

Nick and Lexie said...

I love her little chicken legs. They bring back memories, although Brizzy's weren't quite as dark :)

It will be interesting to see if she fattens up at all, and if so, when. She's so cute, I can't wait to meet her.