1. She is one of the most caring, considerate children I know. She always looks out for others.
2. She loves babies and other kids. She's already decided she's ready to take care of our new little baby.
3. She's very independent. That may sometimes be a bad thing, but it's been so nice to have her take the initiative on learning to do everything from potty train to dressing herself.
4. She has the best hair ever. Though it's sometimes a struggle to get her to let me comb her hair, it's cute and crazy and totally matches her personality.
5. One of my favorite things about Portia is that she decided she couldn't wait three more weeks to join our family. It was a pleasant surprise to have a February baby when my due date was March 20. She couldn't wait to play and hasn't stopped since.
6. Portia's smile and laugh are infectious and every time she flashes that smile, everyone around her smiles.
7. Portia is a talker and has the funniest things to say. My favorite thing right now is to listen in on her phone conversations with her "friends."
8. She is a loyal friend. She refers to her little group of friends as "my girls", which is hilarious, and is so excited whenever she sees anyone she knows. She also has a knack for remembering names (she'll thank me for that someday).
9. She is a great sister. She has so many strengths but always has time to play with her brother. Whenever they are playing together, they have a great time. Portia adores her brother and wants to be everywhere he is.
10. She loves to cuddle. She loves to sit on my lap to watch TV or read books and has to sit as close as possible to whomever she sits with. She makes my day frequently by walking up and throwing her arms around me, kissing me on the cheek, and saying, "I love you, Mom." She usually finishes up with a pat on my cheek.
I am grateful for this amazing little girl and all that I have learned from her already. I'm excited to see what the future brings for this sassy, fun-loving, genuinely happy little girl.
(Last year's birthday)