So, I realize that so much has happened since I last wrote on the blog. So, as a quick recap, here's what's happened to the Hugh family since August.
1. Ronell accepted a new job with microsoft's Xbox team. He flew out in mid-October and we stayed in AR to get the house ready to sell.
2. The kids and I moved to Seattle in November and set up camp in corporate housing for three months.
3. We spent Christmas playing catch up on all our missed family visits. We drove to Portland for Christmas (in our much-anticipated new minivan!!) and Utah for the week after. We drove back to Portland, dropped the kids off at my parents and flew to AR to pack up our home and close on it.
4. After lots of deliberation, we decided to rent for the next year or two while we figure out exactly where we want to buy here in WA (can you say serious sticker shock ?!). So, this next week, we'll be moving a little north to Bothell and setting up camp there through July 2014. Yes, this means switching wards and schools...again. Luckily, the kids have Been troopers and are excited about all our "adventures".
5. We've spent this crazy holiday season exploring all the amazing sites in our new state. It actually doesn't rain as much as we thought it would, but it's definitely colder than AR. We've been to children's museum, museum of flight, and a college basketball game (can't wait to see an NBA game sometime soon!!!!). We're excited to keep exploring and can't wait to ride the ferries (grey's anatomy, anyone?), explore the beach, go to the mountains, and check out the islands! We're loving living near a big city and all the fun that comes with it.
6. Ronell and celebrated our 10th anniversary! it's been a wild ride, but I wouldn't change anything. Our plan was to celebrate by treating ourselves to a mediterranean cruise but that will have to be next year (see #7)!
7. Our biggest adventure this year is getting ready for baby #4! He'll be joining the craziness in mid-May and we're so excited that he's healthy and strong. We can't wait to meet him and welcome him to the fray!!