10.30.2011

Holland Kay Cottle

I've been horrible about updating our family blog. I know it. You know it. There's not really any good excuse. However, I would be remiss if I didn't pause and share this video.

On Oct. 22, Ronell & I were driving home from the Oklahoma City temple when my mom called to let me know that Holland, Lexie & Nick's two-month-old daughter, had died early that morning. I can't even begin to describe the emotions I felt in the last week. However, as I've spent the last week reflecting on life, death, family and the plan of salvation in my life, I've come to realize that the Lord truly does know us and, even in the hardest moments He is there to comfort, guide, and instruct us.

I've watched as countless people have reflected on the life of this angel. I never held her in life, nor did I know her the way my sister did. But I have felt her Spirit and influence in my life. I've felt raw, bone crushing heartache for Lexie, who was still nursing her beautiful little girl and just getting into the routine of mothering two kids. I ache for Nick, who is one of the most caring, kind, nurturing fathers I've ever known.

While I can't begin to describe the experiences of the last few days, especially those of the funeral and burial of my perfect niece, I wanted to share this video of my niece's brief life. There are still many moments of helplessness and sadness. But I know she is doing a great work on the other side and that she will always watch over her family.

2 comments:

Beverly Livingston said...

What a beautiful little girl. Y'all are in my thoughts.

Candy said...

Oh break my heart! I can't imagine going through that devastation. I will pray for all of you.
Darling, sweet little baby!